WINTER WEATHER TIPS
HELPFUL Tips for Being Prepared:
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it off.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of problems too.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for run-through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS:
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, snow and ice can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect walkways, and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potentials.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask SERVPRO of Bowling Green/W. Lucas County about starting a Disaster Recovery Plan for your business.