Sometimes we get too much water, even after a drought. The laminated flooring was waterlogged in several different areas of the great room area on the first level of this home. The photo shows the tear out of the slats and the vapor barrier before we installed our drying equipment. The volume of water was not great, but sufficient to ruin the flooring. We took three days using air movers, and dehumidifiers to ensure that the concrete pad was back to normal moisture content before installing a new hardwood floor (not a laminated one.) The homeowner was extremely pleased with our neatness, and our efforts to preserve the remaining built-ins and furnishings, saving him additional costs and trouble.