Mold in your home, here are some tips.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
· Stay out of affected areas.
· Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
· Contact SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
· Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
· Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
· Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
· Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County is experienced in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 419.867.8678
Water Damage in your basement
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Holland home basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today 419.867.8678
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
Outlet, Cord and Plug Safe
Most electrical outlets are designed to handle a specific amperage. It’s best not to try to push them to their capacity by using too many multi-plug devices. If you are in school, your school may also have policies restricting the use/plug-in of certain appliances. These limitations are meant to limit the number of potential electrical and fire hazards in your school/home. If you ever notice any scorched marks or burning odors around an electrical outlet, stop using that outlet and inform someone of the problem right away. Electric currents carried by wiring, switches, plugs and appliances generate heat. Excessive or uncontrolled heat can start fires. To help prevent electrical fires, know how to use and store plugs and electrical cords and take these precautions:
- Don’t run cords under carpeting, bedding, or other combustible materials; also avoid placing cords across doorways or frequently traveled areas
- Discard frayed or broken cords and never splice two cords together.
- Don’t overload outlets or use extension cords in place of outlets. Call an electrician to install additional outlets as necessary.
- Ensure plugs fit snugly in outlets to prevent shock and excess heat.
By following these simple tips you can save your self the trouble of a blow electronic or worse an electrical fire.
What's Slumbering in your Air Ducts?
Dust, Pet dander and other containment's from everyday living are circulated through your ducts and can decrease the efficiency of your HVAC heating and cooling system causing it to work much harder. Keeping the duct work clean can extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which saves you money.
Duct Cleaning Can:
- Remediate bacteria, fungi and mold
- Reduce potential for mold growth
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Eliminate offensive odors
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, keeping your duct-work clean should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home. These contaminants from day to day living are sucked into your HVAC system and re-circulated throughout your home over and over. This causes a buildup over time inside the dust-work.
SERVPRO can quickly protect your home after a Storm
Following a storm flood or fire, water cleanup in your Holland, Ohio home is the first and one of the most important processes that you will need to have done. In the event that you don't complete the water removal process immediately, your property can be subjected to a plethora of unwanted, unnecessary complications such as mold growth, loss of possessions, and structural damage. If you find yourself in need of water damage services, it's important to find a skilled team of restoration experts like SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County. We can expedite the water extraction, cleaning, repair, and restoration components of the process.
- Water cleanup prevents Mold and Mildew growth:One of the reasons for securing the services of an experienced water damage cleanup company is inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew in your home. Unfortunately, these fungi can begin thriving and expanding on your property 48-72 hours after the initial water intrusion. Moreover, the moist, warm conditions created by water damage make your residential property a prime location in which mold can develop and proliferate.
- Prevent or Diminish Secondary Water Damage to the structure of your home:Another great benefit of rapid water removal is that it prevents structural damage from adversely impacting your property. When left unaddressed for an extended time, the water can wick into walls, and studs, rust appliances, and damage the electrical system. If a natural flooding disaster occurred, then the foundation could also have been compromised.
In any presence of water damage, mold growth or must odors needs to be addressed right away. In all cases, any source of water has to be found and corrected, and the extent of water damage and mold growth figured out. Materials that are water damaged should be taken out of the home or cleaned and dried.
Trained professionals, like our SERVPRO staff, should be hired to take care of any mold damage in West Lucas County. They can develop a site-specific plan and assess the extent of your moisture problem. Whoever you hire, they should be following all EPA guidelines and health regulations to keep them and your family safe during the entire process.
- Visual Inspection: This is the most important step in finding a possible mold problem and planning out remediation strategies. The extent of any mold growth and water damage should be assessed visually and the affected materials in your home identified. This visual inspection should include observations of hidden areas where damage might be found, like attics, crawl spaces and behind drywall. Carpet padding and backing, moldings, wallpaper, insulation and other materials that could be harbingers of mold growth should be assessed as well. Our SERVPRO technicians use personal protective gear like respiratory protection and gloves, in efforts to lower the generation and mitigation of any mold and dust.
- Remediation: The goal here is to clean or remove any materials that are damaged by mold using work practices which protect you and your family by controlling the spread of mold from the work area and also to protect workers doing the remediation. The known remediation methods were made to achieve this goal, but they are not meant to exclude other methods which could be effective and aren't a substitute for a worm plan that is site-specific.
More then one fire type.
If a Fire Starts:
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher
- Remember to GET OUT, stay out and call 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell "Fire!" several times and go outside right away. If you live in a building with elevators, use the stairs. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out. Never open doors that are warm to the touch.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit. Close doors behind you.
- If smoke, heat or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with doors closed. Place a wet towel under the door and call the fire department or 9-1-1. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help.
- Once you are outside, go to your meeting place and then send one person to call the fire department. If you cannot get to your meeting place, follow your family emergency communication plan.
If your clothes catch on Fire:
- Stop what you're doing.
- Drop to the ground and cover your face if you can.
- Roll over and over or back and forth until the flames go out. Running will only make the fire burn faster.
For this and more information please visit www.redcross.org
SERVPRO does provide Commercial Fire Damage Services
West Lucas County commercial damage can leave some or all areas of your property unusable until repair work can be completed. When your workplace has been impacted by a fire, you will want to get repairs started as quickly as possible so that the property can be restored and fully functional. Finding the fastest and most reliable method of fire damage restoration is crucial. Your business operations downtime must be kept to a minimum.
Determining the scope of work:
When you are dealing with commercial fire damage, the scope of work that needs to be accomplished starts with a thorough assessment. The destruction generally includes more than just burned damage to the structure, business equipment and documents. In many instances, smoke, as well as water from firefighter’s efforts, will ruin one or more areas of the property. Smoke damage may be present throughout the entire property in some cases.
Exploring repair options;
Many steps may be required to improve the property after you have a commercial fire damage. For example, you may need to remove drywall that has been damaged by smoke or water from the fire event. You may also need to be fully reconstructed, such as those that have been burned by the flames. When you are preparing for fire damage repair services, it is important to consider all aspects of the work that needs to be done before you decide how to process. Then call SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County 419.867.8678. Your time and lost business revenue should be of paramount importance. Business interruption insurance can help push through this horrid event.
Getting timely results:
While you need all of the work completed with professional results, you also need them preformed promptly so that operations can resume in full swing as soon as possible. You could attempt to contract with different service providers to repair the various types of damage on the property, but this is often not the most efficient method available. Working with one company like SERVPRO that has the skills and experience to handle all aspects of the repair process may be the most effective option available. From the initial inspection to the final walk-thru, your doors will be reopened as soon as possible.
In the aftermath of a flood or a house fire, it is important to have a water damage inspection conducted, so that the extent of water damage to the home and your possessions can be determined. You will need to do this, as it will provide you with a good idea of what needs to be replaced in your home, as well as providing your insurance adjuster with what they need in order to adjust your claim for damage with speed and efficiency. You can hire professional water damage inspectors, who frequently tend to by employed by water damage restoration companies. Water damage inspections entail a great deal, and it can really be to your benefit to be knowledgeable about the process.
In the course of a water damage inspection, the professional who comes to your home will usually begin outside and proceed inside the house. If your water damage is severe, it would be advisable to keep a record like videos or photos of the damaged areas so that you can get the payment you need from your insurance company.
Professional water damage inspectors.
When the inspectors get to the interior of your home during a water damage inspection, they will typically begin at the top of the house and work downwards. They will start with the attic, checking for cracked floors and joists, wet ceilings, insulation with excess water, and duct-work that is bent or distorted. When they get to the rooms within the other parts of your home, they will look for damaged ceilings and drywall, wood that is stained or warped, windows that are cracked, and doors that are unable to properly close. Once they are in the kitchen and the bathroom, they will look at the ceramic fixtures, such as toilets, bathtubs, sinks, and carpets, cracked floors and walls. They will also look at personal possessions that may be damaged by water, such as clothes, furniture, appliances, and electronics.
Professional water damage inspectors are qualified to inspect your home, as they have the extensive training, experience, and specialized equipment to make sure that they are able to correctly and effectively find any water damage that is present in your home. They have moisture sensor probes, which can detect the amount of moisture in your carpets and walls. Additionally, they use infrared thermograph devices so that they can check the parts of your home that are not visible.