How to Protect Your Pipes this Winter!
5 Tips to Protect Your Pipes This Winter
With the air becoming crisper and the temperature dropping, SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County wants our customers to be prepared when freezing pipes become a possibility. Here are 5 tips on how to protect your pipes this winter!
- Insulate pipes located in the attic and crawl space using pipe insulation, even if the climate where you live does not often have hard freeze conditions. You can also wrap pipes in heat tape or heat cables with thermostat control. The best pipe insulation for your situation will depend on your home.
- Drain water from swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines following manufacturer's or installer's directions. Do not put antifreeze in these lines unless directed. Antifreeze is environmentally harmful and is dangerous to humans, pets, wildlife, and landscaping.
- Keep garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing, especially if your sinks are on an exterior wall. (If you have small children, be sure to remove any harmful cleaners and household chemicals.)
- Disconnect garden hoses from outdoor faucets. Even frost-proof outdoor faucets can burst if a hose is connected.
If your pipes do undergo damage this winter, we are opened 24/7, 365 days a year! Even though we know pipes bursting can be extremely inconvenient and devastating SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County will be there to help you through it and we will make it "Like it never even happened."
419-867-8678 Call us if your in an emergency now!