Water damage left untreated
Quick action and response after a water catastrophe is crucial. Flood waters and water catastrophes are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and business. The water gets absorbed into the flooring, the walls, the furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County gets there fast and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Destruction Timeline
Within a few Minutes
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishing may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
The First 24 Hours
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for anyone so call SERVPRO of Bowling Green and West Lucas County.